Colleges and Universities
See school & university customer testimonials with Advantidge.
More and more colleges and universities are streamlining to using a single student ID card across a multitude of applications. Today’s technology allows your university student photo identification cards to be multi-purpose cards.
A single university student identification card can be used for applications such as food service and university bookstore account management, access to computers and other technology, access control to athletic facilities, tracking library ID card check-out, health center ID badges, as well as at-a-glance photo ID.
Across the country, the push for efficient automated payment programs is creating demand for university student ID cards which can store cash value and track account balances. Using a magnetic name badge or smart chip allows schools to use university student identification cards as stored-value debit cards for campus food service, the university bookstore, parking, campus laundry facilities and other on-campus venues which utilize retail ID card technology. This automation makes the purchasing process fast and efficient by reducing lines and wait times, can cut back on labor needed to staff cafeterias and bookstores, and reduces the losses and risks involved with cash transactions.
Stored-value debit cards are simply ID cards that are funded by traditional means such as checking accounts, funds transfers, credit cards or cash and are used to deduct money from a non-bank account. Stored-value cards use a smart chip or magnetic stripe to store information about the funds that have been prepaid to the card.
One of the keys to creating a safe campus is controlling who’s in your campus buildings. Using magnetic stripe, proximity ID card technology, your university student ID cards can control access to your campus buildings, such as dorms, or even specific areas in your campus buildings, such as labs. A secure access control system will allow you to control who enters controlled areas–and a multi-purpose ID card is the means to do all of this.
A university ID card that includes a magnetic stripe, proximity technology, or a smart chip can control access to technology as well as to physical areas through-out your campus. For example, a student needing to use your university’s computer lab can scan his student ID card through a magnetic stripe reader to gain access to the IT building after regular class hours, scan it again to enter the lab, and then insert it into the computer in order to log on. When the student completes his work he scans his card to enter his dorm building, and finally, to enter his dorm room. Similarly, stored value cards can be used by university faculty and staff for parking, food service, and other retail opportunities, as well as gaining access to areas authorized only for them.
Using university student ID cards for library membership ID cards in library book check out is one of the most common ways a university ID card is put to use. Barcodes or magnetic stripes are typically used to track library assets. The same process can also be used with other university check-outs such as audio/visual equipment or athletic equipment.
Advantidge recommends the following ID card printers for University ID Card Mag Stripe Encoding:
- HID Global Fargo DTC4500 Built-in security features and high volume printing to make simple loyalty cards & sophisticated access cards with embedded electronics and magstripe encoding.
- Zebra ZXP Series 3 High speed printing, brilliant image quality, enterprise networking features and full encoding capabilities including magstripe.
- Magicard Enduro Single or dual-sided card printing with ISO magnetic encoding.
- Magicard Rio Pro Delivers security & performance printing edge-to-edge high-resolution color ID cards in superior print quality, with custom Holokote & magstripe encoding.
- Evolis Pebble4 For any type of application that requires single-sided printing of id badges with magnetic encoding.
- Evolis Dualys3 For any type of application that requires dual-sided printing of id badges with magnetic encoding.
- Nisca PR5350 For high speed, low cost dual-sided printing with magnetic encoding.
To learn more about our custom bundled solutions for colleges and universities please click on the following link: